It has been such a glorious holiday. For the first time we didn't travel out of Scotland. It was the request of the girls to stay at home for Christmas as we'd never invited Father Christmas to our own house before and it was rather delightful I have to say not to spend days packing or unpacking suitcases. We did have a little time away in beautiful Dunkeld which is the most prettiest place I have ever seen in Scotland. More about that later......
While we spent our days at home we played games, the girls painted, we went on long walks and spent lots and lots of time together cooking. It was bliss!
One thing we loved to making were delicious canapes, and lots of them! I love the idea of being with friends and family with bubbles in one hand a little fancy bite in the other! One canape we did come up with was baked pears and camembert wrapped in proscuitto. Gosh it is so easy to make and so so delicious! Each and every step of making these can be done solo by the children and they are so proud when they pass the platter around to guests serving them with such happiness! Here's how to make them.
- 2 pears
- 6 slices of proscuitto
- 6 slices of camembert
- Wash and pat dry the pears. Carefully cut them in half and then half again.
- Lay the slices of proscuitto onto a tray and place each pear slice into the centre of the ham.
- Layer a slice of camembert onto the pear and wrap the proscuitto making a little parcel.
- Bake in the oven at 180oC for 10 minutes until the ham is cripsy and the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve immediately.
- They are also super delicious as a light supper with some freshly baked baguette and crisp salad.