We thought it would be fun to share with you some of our favourite finds we love to use in our kitchen. With the abundant array of cool shops now offering beautiful looking kitchen products suitable for both you and your children to use in the kitchen - it's easy to fall in love with everything! From floral market lists to fancy playdate platter trays these stylish kitchen basics are sure to make both you and your children happy in the kitchen!
1. Mini kugelhopf pan from Hedgehog £12.50 - These traditional pans are so good for making special cakes. We use ours at Easter time, sprinkling the cake with powder sugar and decorating it with fresh primroses - so pretty!
2. Cooking Spoon from Hay £3.00 - We love the spoons from Hay. This is a slightly longer one but with a small head so it's great for whipping up cake mixture and still easy for little hands to control. We can't get enough of these spoons!
3. Rifle Paper Co Market List from Paper Mash £9.00 - Helena and Florence always love helping write the shopping list and we love these pretty designs from Rifle Paper Co. The teacher in my likes how the girls develop their writing skills in a way which they see as fun, although I always seem to find the odd chocolate biscuit or bag of marshmallows written down when I'm not looking!
4. Natural cotton market bag from Mabo Kids $16 - I can't think of anything better then going to a market at the weekend and buying delicious fresh produce straight from the grower. These bags come in so handy for the girls to carry around and they make great storage solutions in the kitchen when we hang garlic and ginger in them.
5. Mini spatula from Rig Tig £6.00 - These pretty pink spatulas come in so handy and again they are the perfect size for little cheflets. They wash so good and look great standing in our stone jars.
6. Dried Cornflowers from Sous Chef £3.00 - We love using edible flowers in our cooking. They make for such pretty simple decorations on cakes when they are in bloom. These dried cornflowers are equally great out of season, sprinkled on top of dark chocolate cookies they are so tasty. The marigolds are also delightful sprinkled on top of breakfast muffins.
7. Mini chopping board from Petersham Nurseries £11.50 - These wooden boards are such a perfect size for little chefs. They also make for great serving platters for playdate bites like crudites.
8. Fine Little Day tray from Tea and Kate £26 - We have a lovely selection of trays in our house. I find them so useful as playdate platters when we serve our toasts and quiches. The Fog Linen small tray is also great for individual snack time. Florence loves using hers when she has her babyccino and brioche!
9. Linen Apron from Odette Williams $42 - I discovered Odette Williams line of children's aprons when we lived in the USA and we've been fans ever since. The girls love wearing theirs and the designs are so cool they're perfect for both girls and boys.
10. Rosemary Washing-up Liquid from Daylesford £2.95 - It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Daylesford Organics. I love everything they sell and their summer and autumn fairs at their Cotswold farm are such fun! I'm also a fan of teaching children to wash up after themselves and we love using Daylesford's washing-up liquid. Part of their ecological cleaning range, this liquid is kind to the environment and leaves our hands smelling so clean and fresh.
Vanessa, Helena and Florence x